Thursday, October 14, 2010

letters from far away

thoughts: i've recently been struggling with friends showing up in my life and today, and upon checking my email today, i received some good news. after two months of putting off writing to my host family (because i feel like i need to take a lot of time to write in good spanish), i wrote them a really nice letter about what was going on in my life and how much i appreciated them. today, i got a really nice letter from both my host family and from my little host sister, carol. my family wrote about how much they appreciated me in their lives and how their other host girls don't even talk to their family. they wrote how much it meant that i took time to actually get to know them and play with their daughters. it meant a lot, mainly because i was just myself the entire time. in addition to the letter from my host parents, i got a really special letter from my host sister, carol. she's 7 years old, and she wrote to me about how much it meant to her that i always played with her and how much i meant to her. a really special line she wrote is "[translated] i see all the pictures you drew for me, and i think you are the best sister ever!" SO CUTE. i felt so loved and so honored to talk to someone who i really changed, and someone who changed me too. i know that she along with my host family were amazing blessings in my life, and everything that has happened, happened for a reason, and we can continuously bless each other today. it is beautiful.


why i chose this photo: this girl changed my life, friends and sisters forever!

question: who has changed your life?

inspiration: "no matter the miles, a little love travels a long way."


No comments:

Post a Comment